Royal Brackla Whisky
Royal Brackla Highland Whisky
John Dewar & Sons Highlands
Founded: Status: Capacity:
1812 Active 4 000 000 litres
Address: Cawdor, Nairn, Nairnshire IV12 5QY
01667 402002 -
1812 – The distillery is founded by Captain William Fraser.
1835 – Brackla becomes the first of three distilleries allowed to use ‘Royal’ in the name.
1852 – Robert Fraser & Co. takes over the distillery.
1898 – The distillery is rebuilt and Royal Brackla Distillery Company Limited is founded.
1919 – John Mitchell and James Leict from Aberdeen purchase Royal Brackla.
1926 – John Bisset & Company Ltd takes over.
1943 – Scottish Malt Distillers (SMD) buys John Bisset & Company Ltd and thereby acquires Royal Brackla.
1966 – The maltings closes.
1970 – Two stills are increased to four.
1985 – The distillery is mothballed.
1991 – Production resumes.
1993 – A 10 year old Royal Brackla is launched in United Distillers´ Flora & Fauna series.
1997 – UDV spends more than £2 million on improvements and refurbishing.
1998 – Bacardi–Martini buys Dewar´s from Diageo.
2004 – A new 10 year old is launched.
Ovennævnte tekst er fra Malt Whisky Year Book. Tak til Ingvar Ronde, forfatter til Malt Whisky Year Book 2012 - Køb den fulde udgave her for 149,- kr.