Glentauchers Speyside Whisky
Chivas Brothers Speyside
Founded: Status: Capacity:
1897 Active 4 500 000 litres
Address: Glentauchers, Keith,
Banffshire AB55 6YL
01542 860272 -
1897 – James Buchanan and W. P. Lowrie, a whisky merchant from Glasgow, found the distillery.
1898 – Production starts.
1906 – James Buchanan & Co. takes over the whole distillery and acquires an 80% share in W. P. Lowrie & Co.
1915 – James Buchanan & Co. merges with Dewars.
1923-25 – Mashing house and maltings are rebuilt.
1925 – Buchanan-Dewars joins Distillers Company Limited (DCL).
1930 – Glentauchers is transferred to Scottish Malt Distillers (SMD).
1965 – The number of stills is increased from two to six.
1969 – Floor maltings is decommissioned.
1985 – DCL mothballs the distillery.
1989 – United Distillers (formerly DCL) sells the distillery to Caledonian Malt Whisky Distillers, a subsidiary of Allied Distillers.
1992 – Production recommences in August.
2000 – A 15 year old Glentauchers is released.
2005 – Chivas Brothers (Pernod Ricard) become the new owner through the acquisition of Allied Domecq.
Ovennævnte tekst er fra Malt Whisky Year Book. Tak til Ingvar Ronde, forfatter til Malt Whisky Year Book 2012 - Køb den fulde udgave her for 149,- kr.