Chivas Brothers Speyside
Founded: Status: Capacity:
1824 Active 5 500 000 litres
Address: Miltonduff, Elgin,
Morayshire IV30 8TQ
01343 547433 -
1824 – Andrew Peary and Robert Bain obtain a licence for Miltonduff Distillery. It has previously operated as an illicit farm distillery called Milton Distillery but changes name when the Duff family buys the site it is operating on.
1866 – William Stuart buys the distillery.
1895 – Thomas Yool & Co. becomes new part-owner.
1936 – Thomas Yool & Co. sells the distillery to Hiram Walker Gooderham & Worts. The latter transfers administration to the newly acquired subsidiary George Ballantine & Son.
1964 – A pair of Lomond stills is installed to produce the rare Mosstowie.
1974-75 – Major reconstruction of the distillery.
1981 – The Lomond stills are decommissioned and replaced by two ordinary pot stills, the number of stills now totalling six.
1986 – Allied Lyons buys 51% of Hiram Walker.
1987 – Allied Lyons acquires the rest of Hiram Walker.
1991 – Allied Distillers follow United Distillers´ example of Classic Malts and introduce Caledonian Malts in which Tormore, Glendro-nach and Laphroaig are included in addition to Miltonduff. Tormore is later replaced by Scapa.
2005 – Chivas Brothers (Pernod Ricard) becomes the new owner through the acquisition of Allied Domecq.
Ovennævnte tekst er fra Malt Whisky Year Book. Tak til Ingvar Ronde, forfatter til Malt Whisky Year Book 2012 - Køb den fulde udgave her for 149,- kr.