Glengyle (Kilkerran) Campbeltown Single Malt Whisky
Owner: Region/district: Mitchell´s Glengyle Ltd Campbeltown
Founded: Status: Capacity:
2004 Active 750 000 litres
Address: 85 Longrow, Campbeltown,
Argyll PA28 6EX
01586 552009 www.kilkerran.com
1872 – The original Glengyle Distillery is built by William Mitchell.
1919 – The distillery is bought by West Highland Malt Distilleries Ltd.
1925 – The distillery is closed.
1929 – The warehouses (but no stock) are purchased by the Craig Brothers and rebuilt into a petrol station and garage.
1941 – The distillery is acquired by the Bloch Brothers.
1957 – Campbell Henderson applies for planning permission with the intention of reopening the distillery.
2000 – Hedley Wright, owner of Springbank Distillery and related to founder William Mitchell, acquires the distillery.
2004 – The first distillation after reconstruction takes place in March.
2007 – The first limited release - a 3 year old.
2009 – Kilkerran “Work in progress” is released.
2010 – Kilkerran “Work in progress 2” is released.
2011 – Kilkerran “Work in progress 3” is released.
Ovennævnte tekst er fra Malt Whisky Year Book. Tak til Ingvar Ronde, forfatter til Malt Whisky Year Book 2012 - Køb den fulde udgave her for 149,- kr.