Owner: Region/district: John Dewar & Sons Speyside
Founded: Status: Capacity:
1891 Active 4 000 000 litres
Address: Aberlour, Banffshire AB38 9ST
01340 872971 -
1891 – The distillery is built by Craigellachie–Glenlivet Distillery Company which has Alexander Edward and Peter Mackie as part-owners. The famous Charles Doig is the architect.
1898 – Production does not start until this year.
1916 – Mackie & Company Distillers Ltd takes over.
1924 – Peter Mackie dies and Mackie & Company changes name to White Horse Distillers.
1927 – White Horse Distillers are bought by Distillers Company Limited (DCL).
1930 – Administration is transferred to Scottish Malt Distillers (SMD), a subsidiary of DCL.
1964 – Refurbishing takes place and two new stills are bought, increasing the number to four.
1998 – United Distillers & Vintners (UDV) sells Craigellachie together with Aberfeldy, Brackla and Aultmore and the blending company John Dewar & Sons to Bacardi Martini.
2004 – The first bottlings from the new owners are a new 14 year old which replaces UDV’s Flora & Fauna and a 21 year old cask strength from 1982 produced for Craigellachie Hotel.
Ovennævnte tekst er fra Malt Whisky Year Book. Tak til Ingvar Ronde, forfatter til Malt Whisky Year Book 2012 - Køb den sidste nye udgave her